Histology stains for improved target visualization and localization
Histology stains and counterstains introduce color to specific cellular structures to provide contrast to colored enzyme substrates. This makes targets easier to see, which makes it easier to interpret tissue morphology and cell structure.
Counterstains stain cell nuclei and are packaged as convenient, ready-to-use solutions for use on slides or in staining dishes. Available to you (see selection guide below):
- Vector® Hematoxylin (blue) — based on Gill's formulation, can be adjusted for optimal intensity; suitable for use with non-aqueous and aqueous mounting media and is mercury- and alcohol-free
- Vector® Hematoxylin QS (blue) — based on a modification of Mayer's hematoxylin and was developed specifically for immunocytochemistry (ICC). It stains within 45 sec, is suitable for use with non-aqueous and aqueous mounting media, and is mercury-free
- Vector® Methyl Green (light green) — offers a simple, two-step procedure and is an excellent alternative in multiple antigen labeling when hematoxylin obscure substrate color. It is suitable for use with non-aqueous mounting media
- Vector® Nuclear Fast Red (pink) — offers a fast, one-step protocol and is an excellent alternative in multiple antigen labeling when hematoxylin obscure substrate color
- Hematoxylin and Eosin Stain Kit — includes a modified Eosin for cytoplasm staining and Hematoxylin for crisp, intense blue nuclei
Use the Alcian Blue (pH 2.5) Stain Kit to visulaize sulfated and carboxylated acid mucopolysaccharides and sulfated and carboxylated sialomucins (glycoproteins).
- Acidic sulfated Mucosubstances (blue)
- Hyaluronic acid: Blue
- Sialomucins (blue)
- Nuclei (red)