Vector Laboratories is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Commercial Leader is responsible for the development, planning and execution of commercial strategy for Vector Laboratories, Inc. As a key member of the executive team, the Commercial Leader will direct the following functions: Market Development, Brand and Marketing Communication, Commercial Operations, Customer Service, Technical Support, Distributor management and Sales. The Commercial Leader will be responsible for developing a multi-year commercial strategic plan and the implementation of that plan through a commercial operating plan. You will use your leadership skills to mentor and coach your team; you will seek out talent and teach individuals best in class skills for growth. At the same time, you will execute on the same level as a high performing, individual contributor, using your in-depth knowledge and skills to enhance and improve processes, programs and strategy. The successful leader will be able to adapt to and enhance our unique and entrepeneurial culture, sharing our value of processes, systems and data for measuring results and KPIs.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Based on business objectives, evolve the commercial team to achieve financial objectives, including expansion of existing functions and introduction of new functions within the Commercial organization
- Optimize sales structure, including commission structures and plan, to support an evolving organization and encourages an integrated approach between functional groups
- Work alongside sales team to advance opportunities in the sales funnel and to further develop partnerships within strategic segments
- Continue to invest in commercial operations, prioritizing systems, processes and functional optimization over resource expansion
- Engage with all employees, not just commercial team, to foster a sense of belonging and value to further develop our policies such that they fully integrate in diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Support the marketing leaders in prioritizing and resourcing based on annual initiatives and objectives
- Work alongside marketing leads to further develop and evolve our market development, branding and overall marketing communications
- Work in partnership with the Product team to evolve our portfolio strategy and bring innovations to market
- Partner with the Product and Operations team to evolve our Customer Manufacturing processes and go-to-market
- Work in partnership with the CFO and board to regularly and systematically appraise the performance / effectiveness of available resources, strategies, tactics, policies, and procedures to ensure that stated sales and profitability objectives are met
- Be the Commercial lead and contributor for acquisition evaluations/diligence processes
- Lead, in partnership with other executive team members, integration activities
- BS/BA in Life science or Business; MBA preferred
- Over 10 years’ experience leading or directing Sales and Marketing for a Commercial organization
- Proven ability to develop strategy, facilitate strategic planning and strategy execution
- Ability to develop a sales team from scratch or take an existing one to the next level
- Successful track record in sourcing, structuring, and closing deals with high level of complexity in terms of IP, geographic dispersion, and commercial/supply agreements.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide variety of commercial functions including sales and marketing
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills
- Excellent technical and systems skills