These affinity-purified, highly specific antibodies are directed against the most commonly used primary antibody target species and are available with a choice of fluorophores.
Original Fluorophore-Conjugated Secondary Antibodies
All of Vector Laboratories' fluorophore-conjugated secondary antibodies are affinity-purified and highly cross-adsorbed and are available in a concentrated format. Many are also offered in a convenient ready-to-use format (See VectaFluor™ reagents below):
- Traditional dyes - Fluorescein, Rhodamine, Texas Red®, AMCA, Phycoerythrin
- Cy®3 and Cy®5 dyes - for bright and stable fluorescence and use in a variety of applications
- Cy®3 is bright orange with an excitation/emission of 550 nm/570 nm
- Cy®5 is a far-red dye with an excitation/emission of 649 nm/670 nm; use it in multiplexing protocols or in super-resolution imaging for its photoswitchable properties
- DyLight® dyes* - for cell- and tissue-based immunofluorescence and a variety of other applications; offer greater photostability, pH independence, and brighter fluorescence than conventional fluorophores
VectaFluor™ Ready-to-use Antibody Reagents
VectaFluor™ Antibody Reagents include DyLight® dye-conjugated secondary antibodies as pre-diluted, ready-to-use solutions. Suitable for use with rabbit, mouse, goat, sheep, and bovine IgG primary antibodies, these photostable fluorescence detection reagents allow you to:
- Reduce optimization requirements
- Save time
- Minimize potential dilution errors
- Obtain greater reproducibility in collaborative efforts across lab environments
- Include ready-to-use 2.5% normal horse serum (15 ml) for blocking.
VectaFluor™ Duet IF Double Labeling Kits
VectaFluor™ Duet IF Double Labeling Kits allow you to apply two colors in one step. These kits save time and effort in double-labeling immunofluorescence (IF) protocols, which can be long and tedious. The kits are formulated to detect a mouse and a rabbit primary antibody — with green and red fluorescence — in a single step.
Explore Fluorophore-Conjugated Secondary Antibodies
VectaFluor™ Antibody Reagents are supplied as 15 ml pre-diluted, stabilized, ready-to-use solutions along with 15 ml ready-to-use 2.5% normal horse serum for blocking.
VectaFluor™ Duet Immunofluorescence Double Labeling Kits contain a cocktail formulation of red and green DyLight® dye conjugated anti-mouse/anti-rabbit antibodies to achieve one-step dual staining. These kits are recommended for cell and tissue staining applications.
These liquid concentrated fluorophore conjugated secondary antibodies are intended for single or multiple antigen labeling applications on FFPE or frozen cell and tissue specimens.
Producing immunofluorescence (IF) staining results with high specificity and sensitivity begins with choosing the best reagents. This guide will help you:
- Learn about the IF workflow and how to optimize each step
- Quickly identify and choose the most appropriate fluorescent secondary conjugates
- Select the best anti-fade medium to preserve your fluorescence signal for imaging and archiving