Useful tools for convenient slide preparation
Use the following accessories in slide preparation in IHC, ICC, in situ hybridization, and IF applications.
ImmEdge™ Hydrophobic Barrier PAP Pen
An improvement over the PAP pen, the ImmEdge pen provides a heat-stable, water-repellent barrier that keeps reagents localized on tissue specimens. The pen also prevents mixing of reagents when multiple sections are mounted on the same slide.
- Stable for use with buffers with and without detergent (Tween 20, Triton X-100, etc.)
- Light blue barrier compatible with enzyme or fluorescence-based detection systems
- Soluble in all commonly used clearing agents
- Environmentally friendly - does not contain "ozone-depleting" substances as identified by the Montreal Protocol or the Council of the European Union
ImmPrint™ Histology Pen
You can use this solvent-resistant permanent marking pen for writing on frosted glass microscope slides, tissue cassettes, and most hard surfaces.
- High-density, fast-drying, black ink is resistant to most organic solvents, such as alcohols and clearing agents
- Smooth writing tip that resists drying out
You can use VECTABOND Reagent to adhere both frozen and paraffin-embedded tissue sections and cell preparations to glass slides and coverslips.
- Tissue sections remain attached even when subjected to the most extreme conditions, such as high temperature antigen unmasking techniques and in situ hybridization
- Chemically modifies the glass to form a highly adherent surface
- Provided as 7 ml of concentrate that dilutes to 350 ml of treatment solution, sufficient for at least 500 standard slides