ABC (Avidin-Biotin Complex) Kits
Time-tested, versatile avidin-biotin complex kits (ABC kits) for immunodetection
With more than 60,000 citations to its credit, Vector Labs's VECTASTAIN® Avidin-Biotin Complex Staining Kits (ABC Kits) exploit the high-affinity avidin-biotin interaction for reliable, highly sensitive detection of any biotinylated molecule.
Use these kits to visualize biotinylated antibodies, lectins, neuronal tracers, nucleic acids, and ligands in applications such as:
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunocytochemistry (ICC)
- Protein and nucleic acid blot detection
- In situ hybridization detection (ISH)
- Enzyme immunoassays (ELISAs)
- Neuronal tracing
Use the VECTASTAIN ABC system if you are looking for:
- High sensitivity with low background — due to the form and number of active enzyme molecules associated with the avidin/biotinylated enzyme complex
- Versatility — detect any molecule that is biotinylated in a wide variety of applications and used in a number of tissue types and species
- Modularity — configure for compatibility with a large number of different primary antibodies and target species, and choose among a selection of detection enzymes
- Convenience and economy — use the avidin-biotin enzyme complexes for several days after preparation
VECTASTAIN ABC systems are widely popular and are a staple product for immunodetection. They are available with horseradish peroxidase (HRP) or alkaline phosphatase (AP) enzyme detection.
- The HRP kits produce sharp, dense precipitates with crisp localization and are a preferred choice for many applications
- The AP kits are ideal when working with tissues with high endogenous peroxidase activity
Both systems are available without (standard kit) or with biotinylated secondary antibodies.
Explore VECTASTAIN ABC (Avidin-Biotin Complex Kits)
VECTASTAIN ABC HRP systems deliver enhanced signal sensitivity with low background interference. They are compatible with a wide range of specimens and are a preferred choice for applications such as IHC that require sharp, distinct localization of the target antigen.
The VECTASTAIN ABC-AmP kit is an amplified ABC alkaline phosphatase reagent for the detection of mouse or rabbit primary antibodies on nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes.
VECTASTAIN® ABC-AP (alkaline phosphatase) Kits provide high sensitivity avidin-biotin based detection in immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), protein and nucleic acid blot, in situ hybridization (ISH), and enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) detection. The VECTASTAIN® ABC-AP Kits are ideally suited for specimens with high endogenous peroxidase activity or to introduce substrate color choices for multiple antigen labeling (multiplexing).
With more than 60,000 citations to its credit, the VECTASTAIN® ABC kit from Vector Laboratories remains widely popular. Based on the versatile biotin/avidin interaction, the system is modular, and along with our selection of secondary antibodies, can accommodate a wide array of primary antibody and tissue species. Our ABC kits are economical and continue to be a staple product in any immunohistochemistry laboratory. The VECTASTAIN® ABC systems are extremely sensitive due to the form and number of active enzyme molecules associated with the preformed Avidin/Biotinylated enzyme Complex. This complex takes advantage of two important properties of avidin: 1) an extraordinarily high affinity for biotin (over one million times higher than antibody for most antigens), and 2) four biotin-binding sites. These properties allow macromolecular complexes (ABC's) to be formed by mixing Avidin DH (Reagent A) with its paired biotinylated enzyme (Reagent B) prior to use. The ABC, once formed, remains stable for many hours after formation and can be used for several days after preparation.