High-sensitivity avidin-biotin kits with peroxidase-based detection
Horseradish peroxidase (HRP) substrates produce sharp, dense precipitates with crisp localization. In conjunction with the high sensitivity and low background of VECTASTAIN® ABC systems, HRP-based detection systems are a preferred choice for many applications, including immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), protein and nucleic acid blot, in situ hybridization (ISH), and enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) detection.
- Horseradish peroxidase (HRP) enzyme detection system
- Avidin/biotin technology
- High sensitivity/low background
- Low cost
- Used as a second label in multiple antigen labeling applications
Choose from among three different kit formats:
- VECTASTAIN® ELITE® ABC Kits — our most sensitive formulations, these kits offer a smaller and more uniform avidin-biotin complex for greater accessibility to biotinylated targets within tissue samples; kits are available in concentrated formats, or as prediluted, ready-to-use (R.T.U.) formulations
- VECTASTAIN® Original ABC Kits — our original and most economical formulation, these kits offers good sensitivity with low background
- VECTASTAIN® Universal Quick Kits — our most rapid protocol, these kits offer a proprietary peroxidase-streptavidin pre-formed complex for outstanding sensitivity with short incubation times; used to quickly detect primary antibodies made in mouse, rabbit, or goat, these kits are available in concentrated formats, or as prediluted, ready-to-use (R.T.U.) formulations
When using the VECTASTAIN® Original or ELITE® ABC Kits:
- To detect a biotinylated target, use the VECTASTAIN® ABC Standard Kit with an appropriate substrate
- To detect an unlabeled primary antibody or lectin, use a biotinylated secondary antibody (binds the primary antibody species or lectin you have chosen), VECTASTAIN® ABC reagent, and appropriate substrate (for example, to detect a rabbit primary antibody, choose the VECTASTAIN® ABC Kit, Rabbit IgG).