VECTASTAIN® ABC AP Kits (AP)
High-sensitivity avidin-biotin kits with alkaline phosphatase-based detection
VECTASTAIN® ABC-AP (alkaline phosphatase) Kits provide high sensitivity avidin-biotin based detection in immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), protein and nucleic acid blot, in situ hybridization (ISH), and enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) detection.
- Alkaline phosphatase enzyme detection system
- Avidin/biotin technology
- High sensitivity/low background
- Low cost
- Can be used as a second label in multiple antigen labeling applications
Use the VECTASTAIN® ABC-AP Kits for tissues with high endogenous peroxidase activity. The system also offers additional substrate color choices.
- To detect a biotinylated target, use the VECTASTAIN® ABC Standard Kit, plus an appropriate substrate
- To detect an unlabeled primary antibody or lectin, use a biotinylated secondary antibody (binds the primary antibody species or lectin you have chosen), VECTASTAIN® ABC reagent, and appropriate substrate (for example, to detect a rabbit primary antibody, choose the VECTASTAIN® ABC Kit, Rabbit IgG).
A valuable resource for those considering localizing two or more antigens in the same tissue section. Protocols for chromogenic detection are accompanied by schematic illustrations of the procedures. A chart of all pair-wise combinations of substrates is included along with photographic examples. Practical tips regarding order of substrates, blocking, and proper controls are also provided.