NEUROBIOTIN™ 350 Tracer is a tri-functional molecule designed for neuronal tracing and cell filling.
- Bright blue fluorophore, similar in fluorescence to AMCA or Alexa Fluor® 350
- Biotin label with a biotinidase-resistant linkage
- Fixable primary amine
- Used for visualizing neural architecture and for the identification of gap junction coupling
- Can be used in many types of preparations including in vivo, whole mounts, slice preparations, or cultured cells
- Can be delivered by many routes such as intracellular electodes, microinjection, cut-loading, or scrape-loading
- Biotin label can be detected using avidin or streptavidin systems with either chromogenic or fluorescence visualization methods
Advantages of NEUROBIOTIN™ Tracer over biocytin and other neuronal labels:
- Better solubility
- More efficiently iontophoresed
- Remains in cell longer
- Can be fixed with formalin or glutaraldehyde
|Country of Manufacture
|Neuronal Tracer - Direction of Transport
||Avidin(Streptavidin)/Biotin Method, Chromogenic, Fluorescence
NEUROBIOTIN™ 350 is a tri-functional molecule designed for neuronal tracing and cell filling that contains:
- a biotin label with a biotinidase-resistant linker.
- a bright fluorophore, similar in fluorescence to AMCA or Alexa Fluor 350.
- a fixable primary amino group.
Similar in structure to NEUROBIOTIN™ 488, NEUROBIOTIN™ 350 is also an amine containing biotin derivative. However, it is conjugated with a bright blue fluorophore that would contrast with other green or red fluorescent markers or reagents present in the same preparation. For administration purposes NEUROBIOTIN™ 350 has a net positive charge and is highly soluble in a number of commonly used buffer and salt solutions.