- Recommended for routine immunofluorescence applications
- Highly purified and possesses very low non-specific binding properties
- Extremely high affinity for biotin
- Has an optimal fluorochrome to protein ratio
- Compared to conventional primary and secondary fluorescent techniques, can provide greater sensitivity and lower background staining
- Excitation maximum at 495 nm
- Emission maximum at about 515 nm
- Color: Green
|Country of Manufacture
||Immunofluorescence, In situ hybridization, Flow Cytometry/Cell Separation
|Color of Fluorescence
Vector Laboratories fluorochrome-conjugated streptavidin and avidin reagents are highly purified and possess very low non-specific binding properties. They have extremely high affinity for biotin. These fluorescent conjugates can be used to detect biotinylated secondary antibodies and other macromolecules in applications such as immunofluorescence, in situ hybridization, or flow cytometry.
Amplification of fluorescent signals can be easily achieved with our biotinylated secondary antibodies followed by our highly purified fluorochrome-labeled streptavidin or avidin. Using a biotin/avidin or biotin/streptavidin detection system results in an additional layer of amplification over a directly conjugated secondary antibody.
Streptavidin, fluorescein labeled, has an excitation maximum at 495 nm and an emission maximum at about 515 nm. This product has an optimal fluorochrome to protein ratio and is one of the reagents we recommend for routine immunofluorescence applications. Compared to conventional primary and secondary fluorescent techniques, Fluorescein Streptavidin can provide greater sensitivity and lower background staining.