Laboratory Associate I
Vector Laboratories is seeking a Laboratory Associate I primarily responsible for manufacturing Vector’s labeling and detection products according to established procedures and documenting all work in production batch records using established good documentation practices. The Laboratory Associate I will operate and maintain common laboratory equipment as per instructions and will assist in inventory management as needed. Technical knowledge should include strong knowledge of general laboratory safety and practices and basic understanding of principles such as spectrophotometry and protein conjugation.
Vector Laboratories is a rapidly growing biotech firm in Burlingame, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Vector Laboratories is an EEO Employer.
- Manufactures reagents and product according to ISO 9001/2015 requirements and established procedures
- Documents all manufacturing steps as they are performed using good documentation practices
- Performs routine reagent preparation for inventory and finished goods using manual and automated processes
- Performs in-process testing as required
- Maintains production equipment and facilities in clean, good working condition using established protocols
- Works with hazardous materials following specified safety precautions
- Assists in inventory control of raw materials and supplies
- Assists in bottling and kit packing as needed
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe laboratory environment following health and safety guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS or BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0 – 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to accurately and efficiently follow directions
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a high level of work quality
- Ability to work with animal and human-derived materials
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted
BS or BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.