Director, Customer Service
Vector Laboratories is seeking a Director, Customer Service who will lead Vector Laboratories efforts for the design, development, and implementation of the customer experience strategy. This leadership role will set the strategic direction, develop the roadmap and oversee the execution of all the initiatives to differentiate the Vector Laboratories customer experience.
The Director, Customer Service has hands on managerial responsibility for overseeing customer service, shipping and receiving operations. Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in order entry and management, picking and packing items for shipment, and company receiving functions. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction through accurate order entry, timely follow up and invoice delivery, accurate picking, packing, and shipping of orders, and complaint resolution and issue management. Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure that all products received or shipped are accurately documented, organized and readily identifiable. Maintains metrics to insure quality standards are being met and suggests areas for process improvements.
The Director has an innate customer-driven perspective that drives strategy and tactics. He/She is able to provide new and creative solutions, understanding that traditional solutions do not solve new business challenges. This individual has a reputation as an agent and leader of change. The leader in this role will be accountable to deliver innovative approaches & solutions that will shift the paradigm within the industry for Vector Laboratories.
This individual is a strong communicator; they will oversee the strategic development of the Customer platform to gather and analyze customer feedback, identify customer pain points, lead key transformational projects, drive cultural initiatives and effectively communicate progress to the organization.
- Leads efforts to design a comprehensive and long-term strategy for optimizing the custom experiences across the organization.
- Drives the outside-in, customer-centric design of all customer touch points using tools such as NetSuite.
- Serves as the customer experience “thought leader” and change agent/catalyst to initiate needed culture change.
- Develops a new customer experience model to lead culture change and influence the company’s transformation to a better, more integrated customer centric approach.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and leads subordinates
- Drafts and implements order management, shipping, receiving and process SOPs.
- Defines and maintains departmental performance metrics.
- Enters orders and shipping details into ERP system; generates and distributes invoices.
- Handles administrative complaints compliant with Quality System to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Prepares reports and presents performance data at management reviews.
- Insures that international orders are shipped with proper documentation.
- Manages the examination of incoming shipments and correspondence with shipper to rectify damages and shortages; arranges for delivery to intended recipient.
- Leads the input of finished goods into inventory and maintains appropriate supply levels of shipping materials and supplies.
- Works closely with other personnel to insure proper shipping operations.
- Ensures shipping area is organized, safe, secure, and clean.
- Minimum of 10 years’ business experience, preferably with 3-5 years focused on the Customer Experience including leading and managing customer experience strategies, Customer Experience research, executing customer programs, journey mapping, stakeholder feedback and measurement programs and analysis
- At least 3 years’ people management experience with demonstrated success in hiring, training, developing, and leading teams
- Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with NetSuite ERP a plus
- Life science industry experience preferable, including sales, marketing and line management
- Working knowledge of best practices for operational excellence and customer experience management—in both a Business to Consumer and Business to Business environment
- Dedication to customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Demonstrated ability to orchestrate change in an evolving organization
- Business savvy with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proven ability to build and manage well-functioning teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
- Honest, professional, independently driven and responsible
Vector Laboratories offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Vector Laboratories is an EEO Employer
Job Type: Full-time
BS/BA in business related field