Founded in 1976, Vector Laboratories pioneered and is a market leader in labeling and detection reagents for immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, glycobiology and bioconjugation. Vector Labs facilities are ISO 9001:2015 certified, and its research contributions have been cited in more than 350,000 scientific publications to date.
Vector Laboratories maintains a friendly and collaborative work environment that fosters creativity and personal growth. We offer full-time employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Vector Laboratories team. We have the following positions available.
Vector Laboratories is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
Vector Laboratories is seeking a Director, Operations to join our growing team. This role will be an integral member and contributor to Vector’s cohesive, collaborative, accountable, results-driven culture. Using their expertise in manufacturing and directing teams, the Director, Operations will ensure the successful manufacture of over 500 catalog and custom life science products. In this hands-on position the Director will work closely with other functional leaders to ensure timelines, deliverables, and business operations are aligned and strategic objectives are met. This role requires a strong and effective change agent with proven leadership skills and dedication to achieving operational excellence.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership and develop a road map to improve efficiency through automation and scale for sustained growth in the business; identify activities to reduce costs, improve processes and increase efficiency
- Direct operations management including resource management, planning and budgeting to meet catalog and custom product demand
- Develop processes and tools to trend metrics and provide actionable information, including scorecards and visual dashboards
- Collaborate with other senior leaders, major customers and department managers to support ongoing growth and success in keeping with company strategy
- Manage supply chain of all raw materials and packaging materials to ensure business continuity
- Utilize leadership skills to manage interdepartmental communications and drive continued improvement in schedule readiness and schedule adherence
- Spearhead best practices to ensure a culture of Operational Excellence essential to the ongoing success of current programs including, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System and Certification and Kaizen
- Comply with safety and environmental rules and regulations applicable to Operations
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant manufacturing management experience
- Knowledge of protein purification, bioconjugation and formulation strongly preferred
- Experience as a cross-functional leader with demonstrated results in creating value across operations
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives within established timelines
- Ability to hire, train, and develop employees to build and maintain high performing teams while upholding Vector’s unique culture
- Management of manufacturing at a minimum of ISO9001:2015 requirements
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems required; NetSuite expertise strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated influencer, including cross functionally and senior leaders
- Demonstrates strong project participation and leadership skills