The Controller is responsible for overseeing and streamlining the accounting operations of multiple business entities. Responsibilities include managing staff, reporting operational results under US GAAP and other company KPI metrics, ensures internal control compliance, provides detailed financial analysis and advice to business leadership, and assesses line of business operating results in terms of costs, budgets, forecast, operating policies, trends and improved profit opportunities.
Manage day-to-day accounting of transactions, policies, controls and procedures.
- Ensures accurate and complete financial records and reporting, in compliance with legal requirements, US GAAP standards and company KPI metrics.
- Lead, review, train and mentor accounting staff responsible for accounts payable/receivable, expense reports, sales commission calculation, revenue recognition, collections, fixed assets, bank account and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Partner with FP&A on financial, accounting analysis and reporting.
- Assist with development and implementation of performance metric reporting
- Deliver budget variance analysis and other management reports.
- Collaborate with departmental managers and leads to review and forecast expenses and headcount. Manage processes and work to ensure positive interactions.
- Perform technical research and document key accounting policies.
- Responsible for timely month-end close and financial reporting.
- Manage income tax compliance for federal and state and sales and use tax reporting and filing.
- Identify and lead reporting improvements to systems, processes, and internal controls.
- Responsible for periodic financial audits and relationships with external auditors.
- Cash management.
- Ability to travel periodically.
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned.
- 8 years of relevant professional experience. Public accounting and industry. Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, reporting and compliance.
- Experienced manager able to lead and motivate teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization.
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic. Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with NetSuite, Tableau and Quickbooks preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.