Vector Laboratories is seeking a Manufacturing Group Lead primarily responsible for driving and supporting the day to day activities of the Manufacturing Team by scheduling work, ensuring on time completion of assigned jobs, and providing guidance to team members. The Lead provides production updates to department management, helps identify areas of improvement, and delegates tasks to achieve department objectives. The Lead works closely with several departments to facilitate on-time release of product and transfer of new product from R&D to manufacturing. The Lead performs investigation of non-conformities, develops corrective action plans, and implements corrective actions in compliance with due dates. This position requires excellent communication with management, team members, and across functional departments.
Vector Laboratories is a rapidly growing biotech firm in Burlingame, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Vector Laboratories is an EEO Employer.
- Sets priorities, assigns work orders, and drives completion to assigned due dates
- Generates work orders and performs batch record review and release
- Maintains documentation in compliance with our Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015)
- Drafts manufacturing documents as needed
- Performs manufacturing activities including formulation, bioconjugation and protein purification
- Works closely with other departments as necessary to coordinate product release and new product transfer
- Investigates and troubleshoots non-conformances and completes corrective action plans
- Ensures that all laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated according to established requirements and schedules
- Assists in inventory control and purchasing of raw materials, and consumables
- Ensures a clean, orderly and safe laboratory environment following health and safety guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience in formulation, bioconjugation and protein purification in a manufacturing setting is required
- A minimum of 5 years biotech manufacturing experience
- Experience working in a ISO 9001:2015 manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP systems such as NetSuite is desired
- Ability to work with animal and human derived materials
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a high level of work quality
- Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted