DNA and protein standards and products for nucleic acid probe size optimization and biotinylation
Vector® biotinylated protein and DNA molecular weight markers are standards for use with gel-based protein and DNA electrophoresis and blotting applications.
- Biotinylated Protein Molecular Weight Markers — provide eight distinct, 19–222 kDa biotinylated protein bands ideal for western blot detection using any avidin or streptavidin-based detection system
- Biotinylated DNA Molecular Weight Marker — consists of 15 regularly spaced bands between 0.2 and 10 kilobase pairs. Supplied ready-to-use, they contain loading dye so that electrophoresis can be monitored. Detect these bands on blots using an avidin or streptavidin-based system
NicKit™ p.s.o. Probe Size Optimization Kit reduces the size of DNA probes to an optimal length for in situ hybridization
- Avoids the over- or under- digestion encountered with other methods
- Use involves brief U.V. irradiation of probe DNA, followed by enzymatic digestion
- Yields average DNA lengths of 400 bases or less
- Probe DNA can be subsequently labeled with PHOTOPROBE® Biotin or the FastTag system.