EndTag™ end-labeling kits
Use Vector’s EndTag™ kits for end labeling of short (<100bp) oligonucleotides. These kits:
- Enable covalent attachment of a variety of fluorescent dyes, haptens, or affinity tags
- Use thiol-specific chemistry to incorporate any labels containing thiol-reactive groups (maleimides, iodoacetamides, etc.)
- Require very little hands-on time in a 1 hour labeling protocol
The 5’ and 3’ EndTag™ kits are ideal in DNA hybridization, PCR, in situ hybridization, binding of capture probes to affinity matrices, and electrophoretic mobility shift assays (EMSA).
- 5’ EndTag™ Labeling Kit — labels 5’ ends of DNA, RNA, or unmodified oligonucleotides.Use it to label PCR primers as labeling of the 5’ end leaves the 3’ end available for polymerization.
- 3’ EndTag™ Labeling Kit — offers simple, uniform labeling of blunt, overlapping, or recessed 3’ ends of DNA. Labeling the 3’ end preserves the 5’ terminal phosphate.
In applications involving several steps - from producing and labeling a probe to detecting the labeled probe - assessing labeling efficiency can be an essential part of assay design. The efficiency of labeling can be estimated by comparing the relative detection sensitivity of the labeled nucleic acid to a standardized sample in a side by side dot blot dilution series.
The QuantTag™ Biotin Kit (BDK-2000) from Vector Laboratories is designed to determine the amount of free biotin in solution or the number of biotins attached to nucleic acids, proteins, or other macromolecules. This kit can be used to determine accurately the labeling efficiency of biotin-labeled molecules.
Unlike conventional biotin quantitation methods like the HABA assay, no predigestion of protein or nucleic acids is required, saving time and increasing accuracy. The QuantTag™ Biotin Kit, more sensitive than the HABA assay, is able to detect less than 1 nmol of biotin. QuantTag™ Kit reagents chemically react with free or bound biotin producing a colored product that can be quantified using a spectrophotometer. The absorbance is measured in the visible spectrum allowing the use of plastic cuvettes or microtitre plates.
The QuantTag™ Biotin Kit is quick and easy to use, and the assay can be completed in 30 minutes. A biotin standard is included. The kit contains sufficient reagents to perform from 25 to 250 tests depending on assay size.